Re: Free use of Crowdcast offered by Eclipse Foundation and Jakarta EE

Jonathan Vila

Thank you @Huseyin and @David Gomez Garcia

I've done a test and it was very interesting, apparently it worked very well.

@Ivar Grimstad there's a step to request login to the Jakarta crowdcast account. I already did..... Which is the time of response ? I assume I should receive an email when I can log in with the Jakarta EE account ?

Thank you

Jonathan Vila
--
Barcelona Java Users Group Leader

El vie., 19 jun. 2020 a las 16:32, Huseyin Akdogan (<hakdogan75@...>) escribió:
Hi David,

We organized many meetings at Crowdcast and except for some resolution issues, I mentioned before, we did not encounter connection problems.

We did not observe a latency in screen sharing and speaker sound during the meetings.

Best

David Gomez Garcia <dgomezg@...>, 19 Haz 2020 Cum, 14:37 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
Hi Jonathan.

I haven't tried Crowdcast, but I've run a couple of online meetups during this lock-down period using meet.jit.si and it was stable and smooth.

The only problem I faced was that the first meetup, there were no available streamers to record the meetup directly to youtube, and I had to use OBS to record the meeting.

(and jit.si is open source, which is something I know you value a lot ;) ).

But, if someone gives more insight in how stable the connection is with Crowdcast I'd be happy to try it in one of our next meetups.

My .02c.

David.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 1:07 PM Jonathan Vila <jonathan@...> wrote:
Hi

In our jug we are going to host an online event in 2 weeks..... we've used Youtube before, and some speakers suggest we use Zoom ( sadly it has a 40 minute limitation ), but we can also consider this Crowdcast offer.

In your experience, does it offer a reliable connection and experience for the user ?

Best regards and thank you
Jonathan Vila
--
Barcelona Java Users Group Leader

El vie., 22 may. 2020 a las 21:57, Huseyin Akdogan (<hakdogan75@...>) escribió:
Hi Ivar,

As Taner says, we didn't use camera while the sessions.

I would like to share some of my observations with you, thinking that it might be helpful in solving the problem.

The resolution issues often occur when the presenter uses the dark theme on his IDE. While the presenter showing his presentation or visit a web page on the browser the resolution is fine but the resolution issue comes back when he starts using his IDE which use dark theme.

My other observation is that the resolution is better when presenters use firefox than chrome.

Jason Young <thinkbigthings@...>, 22 May 2020 Cum, 18:51 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
We have used crowdcast twice so far, one of the times was fine and the other time we had a lot of resolution issues. We never did figure out what was wrong (tried the HD button in the session, later did a connection speed test with the speaker). I'd be excited if anybody else knew what was going on.

Jason Young
Philly JUG

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:58 AM Taner Diler <taner.diler@...> wrote:
Hi all,

As JUG Istanbul, we have some resolution issues on our crowdcast sessions. We did the sixth session yesterday and displaying codes is not clean. Do you have same issue? If not, do you know any configuration to apply while defining session or on live mode?

Best regards,
Taner Diler
JUG Istanbul

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 11:54 PM omarberroteranlkf@... <omarberroteranlkf@...> wrote:
Thank you Ivar,

We would like to use it too!

JUG NICaragua.

---

Para crear software de calidad Duradera, hay que crear una solida base arquitectónica que sea flexible al cambio

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:26 AM Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@...> wrote:
Hi all JUG Leaders,

Please reply to this email to indicate if your JUG would be interested.

If there is interest, we will go ahead and set up the subscription and a simple sign-up system/calendar of some sort to facilitate use of the account.

Ivar

--

Ivar Grimstad

Jakarta EE Developer Advocate | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Hüseyin Akdoğan
Expert Software Consultant
JCP Process Manager of JUG Istanbul
Technical Committee Member of Java Day İstanbul
Author of the Elasticsearch Indexing book