Re: AdoptOpenJDK - Making Java free again

Daniel Dias

Hello

SouJava is available to host this event in our virtual meetings.
Let me know when you can. my contact: daniel.dias.analistati@...

thanks.
--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer

Em qui., 18 de jun. de 2020 às 04:07, Martin Ahrer <this@...> escreveu:

Hi Hendrik,

the Enterprise Java User Group Austria would be pleased to have you talk on that. Please get in touch with me: this@...

Thanks
Martin
Martin Ahrer | together we'll make IT | Java Enterprise Consulting and Training
Community Founder and Leader of Enterprise Java User Group Austria
Libenauerstraße 69 | A-4040 Lichtenberg | Austria
mobile +43 699 11668668 | web http://www.martinahrer.at | email this@... | skype callto://martin.ahrer

Am Fr., 12. Juni 2020 um 19:07 Uhr schrieb hendrik.ebbers via groups.io <hendrik.ebbers=me.com@groups.io>:
Hi all,

since a lot of JUGs around the world currently organise virtual meetings we (George and I) asked ourself if some of you are interested in hosting our AdoptOpenJDK talk as a virtual event. We are both part of the AdoptOpenJDK Technical Steering Committee and would like to give an introduction about the community project and help developers to understand the differences between all the Java vendors, Java builds & the OpenJDK.

If you are interested here is an abstract about our session:

AdoptOpenJDK - Making Java free again

AdoptOpenJDK is rapidly becoming a leading provider of OpenJDK™ binaries. With over 140 million downloads in the last year, it is now a serious contender for your production usage of Java™. AdoptOpenJDK provides prebuilt OpenJDK™ binaries from a fully open source set of build scripts and infrastructure. This talk will cover how we build on over 15 different platforms, execute over 87 million tests and distribute OpenJDK™ binaries to millions of users. We will also cover how AdoptOpenJDK binaries compare against the Java™ binaries that you use today. If you're curious to understand the difference between OpenJDK™, Oracle Java™, AdoptOpenJDK and all the other distributions, then this is the talk for you!

George Adams is the Java Program Manager at Microsoft and is the recently appointed chair of the Technical Steering Committee at AdoptOpenJDK. Since co-founding AdoptOpenJDK in 2016 he has been leading the community outreach efforts at AdoptOpenJDK and is heavily involved in the Java ecosystem. George also contributes to both the OpenJS Foundation and the Node.js Foundation where he is a core collaborator and plays an active role in several of the workgroups.

Hendrik Ebbers is a co-founder of Karakun AG and lives in Dortmund, Germany. He is the founder and leader of the Java User Group Dortmund and gives talks and presentations in user groups and conferences. His JavaFX book "Mastering JavaFX 8 Controls" was released 2014 by Oracle press. Hendrik is JavaOne Rockstar, JSR expert group member and Java Champion. Hendrik is member of the AdoptOpenJDK TSC.

Stay safe!

Hendrik