Re: RIP, Bill Shannon

Cesar Hernandez

My deepest condolences for his family, friends, and the Java community.

El vie., 26 jun. 2020 a las 19:53, Jason Lee (<jason@...>) escribió:
Such sad news. I worked with Bill on GlassFish for several years, and he was always helpful and kind. His grasp on such a wide breadth of the system, and the depth of that understanding, was always impressive and inspiring. That's a big loss to the tech world. Prayers for his close friends and family. Thanks for sharing, Sharat. :|

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:45 PM Sharat Chander <sharat.chander@...> wrote:
Java Champions and JUG Leaders,

I'm sorry to share the passing of Bill Shannon. Some of you knew him
with regard to the important role he played in leading efforts to bring
server-side Java to life, a journey that started at Sun back in 1980 as
employee #11. While previously known at J2EE and recently Java EE, Bill
was instrumental in the Jakarta transition, as well as a myriad of other
key technology contributions spanning over 40 years.

If you knew Bill, you'd know that he was beyond private, humble and
sincere. I'm going to miss those traits the most.

RIP, Bill.

-Sharat

Atentamente:
César Hernández.