Re: RIP, Bill Shannon

Pravin Jain

My deepest condolences for his family, friends, and the Java community.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 7:15 AM Sharat Chander
<sharat.chander@...> wrote:

Java Champions and JUG Leaders,

I'm sorry to share the passing of Bill Shannon. Some of you knew him
with regard to the important role he played in leading efforts to bring
server-side Java to life, a journey that started at Sun back in 1980 as
employee #11. While previously known at J2EE and recently Java EE, Bill
was instrumental in the Jakarta transition, as well as a myriad of other
key technology contributions spanning over 40 years.

If you knew Bill, you'd know that he was beyond private, humble and
sincere. I'm going to miss those traits the most.

RIP, Bill.

-Sharat

--
Pravin Jain