Re: RIP, Bill Shannon

Ryan Cuprak

My condolences to his family. This is a major loss and terrible news.

-Ryan

On Jun 26, 2020, at 9:45 PM, Sharat Chander <sharat.chander@...> wrote:

Java Champions and JUG Leaders,

I'm sorry to share the passing of Bill Shannon. Some of you knew him with regard to the important role he played in leading efforts to bring server-side Java to life, a journey that started at Sun back in 1980 as employee #11. While previously known at J2EE and recently Java EE, Bill was instrumental in the Jakarta transition, as well as a myriad of other key technology contributions spanning over 40 years.

If you knew Bill, you'd know that he was beyond private, humble and sincere. I'm going to miss those traits the most.

RIP, Bill.

-Sharat