Re: Any advice on doing virtual meetups?

Łukasz Dziedziul

Hi,

We (jSession - Białystok JUG, Poland) are using Streamyard, also many other Polish JUGs use it as well. It offers the streaming to multiple destinations at the same time (e.g. FB and YT).
You can customize it with your branding. There are multiple layouts (multiple people, single person, single screen, screen+person). You can see the comments from YT in the "studio" directly and show selected ones on the bottom of the screen. It supports screen sharing. The only thing I've found missing is the ability to manage the layout by the non-owner (e.g. a speaker)

Examples:

Łukasz Dziedziul

pon., 5 paź 2020 o 13:56 Ondrej Mihályi <ondrej.mihalyi@...> napisał(a):

Hi, I hope you're all doing well!

In our JUG in Prague we're now thinking about doing virtual meetups. I hope some of you who already organize virtual meetups would like to share some experience and advice.

How do you do virtual meetups? Are people interested, do enough people attend them or at least watch the recordings? Do you have live presenters or prerecorded sessions? Which software do you use for conferencing? Anything would help us to decide whether it's worth it in our area and get us started it we decide it is.

Ondro
CZJUG

--
Łukasz Dziedziul