Re: Any advice on doing virtual meetups?

Victor Orozco

Hi Ondrej

We (GuateJUG) suspended "regular" meetups since people was getting zoom/youtube fatigue due lack of interactions. We started with meetups with 100 attendees but the last traditional (slides+demo) meetup plumbed to 10 attendees. Turns out, in LATAM we have many JUGs and we were repeating the meetups.

We jumped to an uncoference format that worked better for us. Similar to Anton's answer we host a topic, a couple of guest speakers and attendance is working better now (50-75 attendees per meetup). It mostly depends on your community I guess.

Crowdcast is pretty good for this and we used Streamyard as backup a couple of times. Anyway both platforms work pretty well, have "tests area" and a host is required to control the streaming. AFAIK crowdcast scales better, but is not an issue on 100 attendees meetups.

Cheers

--
Víctor Orozco(tuxtor) - http://www.vorozco.com

---- En lun, 05 oct 2020 05:56:29 -0600 Ondrej Mihályi <@ondrom> escribió ----