Re: Need to get in touch with the Oracle Online Learning YouTube channel manager -- Java 8 MOOC videos disappeared

Jim Bethancourt

Sharat,
Could you help out?  It sounds like these videos continue to be helpful and have worn well with age.

Thanks,
Jim

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 1:20 AM Csaba Toth <csaba.toth.us@...> wrote:
Good point from Bruno. Basically what happened with YouTube is that everything which was simply unlisted became private. The only exception was if someone opted out from that explicitly (which I did because I knew I had many unlisted (semi private) videos). I guess that's what could have happened, those videos just need to be set back from private to unlisted by the account owner.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 1:56 PM Bruno Souza <bruno@...> wrote:
I have just gone through that issue in my own YouTube Channel.

Starting July, YouTube made A LOT of videos uploaded before January 2017 private, because of changes in security settings.

Someone responsible for the channel needs to go there and mark those videos as public or unlisted again...

Nothing we can do from the outside, but maybe a good warning for everyone to check videos from your JUGs or your personal channels.

The issue affects most Unlisted videos and also Playlists from before 2017, but me and others have had some public videos from that time made private.

The best way to do that I found was to go the YouTube Studio, list all videos, select those that are now wrongly private, and edit them all at once.

I had more than 100 videos affected...

Cheers,
Bruno.
Bruno Peres Ferreira de Souza                         Brazil's JavaMan
http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
     if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:43 PM Jim Bethancourt <jimbethancourt@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I need a bit of help.  I put together a playlist that captured the order of the Java 8 Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) that was created by Simon Ritter in 2015.  Someone was kind enough to reach out to me to let me know that the videos had been made private and was wondering if it would be possible for them to be made public again.  If anyone is able to help get those videos made public again or help me get in touch with the manager of the Oracle Online Learning YouTube channel manager, I believe a lot of developers would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim