Re: RIP Frans Thamura

Paris Apostolopoulos

I met Frans back in 2007. RIP Frans! :( .

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Jun 2017, at 21:17, Michael Hüttermann <michael@...> wrote:

:-(

Am 22.06.2017 um 22:13 schrieb Bruno Souza <bruno@...>:

Oh No...

Frans was a GREAT friend! Very controversial for sure, but amazingly helpful, very focused on helping developers!

He will be missed...

Frans was the Java in Java about Java on Java guy!
A Java developer, living in the Java island, discussing the Java (computer) language on the Java (real) language!

Very sad day...

Rest in peace, my friend...

Bruno.

Bruno.
Bruno Peres Ferreira de Souza                         Brazil's JavaMan
http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
     if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma