Re: RIP Frans Thamura

Aaron Hxoux

I remember Frans very well... He once came out to California for a JavaOne; and he wanted to see where all the big tech companies were in Silicon Valley... I remember giving him a ride down highway 101... showing him the campus of Google, Yahoo, Sun, Cisco.... it was a dream of his to work for one of these companies...

Yes, Frans was a bit controversial... but in a healthy and diverse community, one shouldn't pick and choose who gets to be a part of it... Java is for everyone...

Best!

Aaron Houston
San Jose, CA

On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:

Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma