#NYJavaSIG Feb 10 Wed - Learn How #TornadoVM Optimizes #Java Apps across CPU/GPU/FPGAs - https://buff.ly/3qVfiXK #nyjavasig #tornadovm #java

Frank Greco

In case anyone is interested:

In this talk, we present TornadoVM, a plug-in for OpenJDK that allows JVM programmers to automatically run their applications on multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and FPGAs. Furthermore, TornadoVM performs task-migration from one device to another at runtime, entirely transparent for the user. In this talk, we will summarize the TornadoVM project. We will explain, via examples, how TornadoVM optimizes, offloads, and executes applications on heterogeneous hardware, including GPUs FPGAs for different backends, such as OpenCL and NVIDIA PTX.

 WHAT: Learn How TornadoVM Optimizes Java Apps across CPUs, GPU, and FPGAs

  WHO: Juan Fumero - TornadoVM team

 WHEN: Wed, Feb 10, 2021, 5:30pm-7:30pm EST (UTC-5)[NOTE THE TIME]

WHERE: Youtube Live (REGISTER)

NYJavaSIG Leaders     Follow us on Twitter:  @nyjavasig

 - www.javasig.com - "Eat, Drink, Code(tm)"

 - NYJavaSIG Youtube Channel

Nimret Sandhu

Likewise, SeaJUG is hosting a workshop on "Cloud Native Java" online on 2/16 at 5pm PST by Josh Long (@starbuxman)

Details:
Work takes time to flow through an organization and ultimately be deployed to production where it captures value. It’s critical to reduce time-to-production. Software - for many organizations and industries - is a competitive advantage. Organizations break their larger software ambitions into smaller, independently deployable, feature -centric batches of work - microservices. In order to reduce the round-trip between stations of work, organizations collapse or consolidate as much of them as possible and automate the rest; developers and operations beget “devops,” cloud-based services and platforms automate operations work and break down the need for ITIL tickets and change management boards. But velocity, for velocity’s sake, is dangerous. Microservices invite architectural complexity that few are prepared to address. In this talk, we’ll look at how high performance organizations like Ticketmaster, Alibaba, and Netflix make short work of that complexity with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.

In this workshop we'll look at how to build cloud-native Java systems that are elastic, agile, observable and robust.

SPEAKER:
Josh (@starbuxman) has been the first Spring Developer Advocate since 2010. Josh is a Java Champion, author of 6 books (including O'Reilly's "Cloud Native Java: Designing Resilient Systems with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Cloud Foundry" and "Reactive Spring") and numerous best-selling video training (including "Building Microservices with Spring Boot Livelessons" with Spring Boot co-founder Phil Webb), and an open-source contributor (Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud, Activiti and Vaadin, etc), a podcaster ("A Bootiful Podcast") and a YouTuber.

cheers,
-
Nimret Singh Sandhu