How a JUG Leader can become a Java Champion?

Cesar A. Nogueira

Hi,

recently I've gathered some questions regarding the process into becoming a Java Champion from a JUG Leadership:
  • Is required that the person holds a valid Java Certification Exam score?
  • How I can submit my application to become a Java Champion?
  • If I am a international recognized speaker, can I easily become a Java Champion?

Let's discuss about it!

Cesar A. Nogueira

I've found some deeper explanation on how to become a Java Champion at: https://community.oracle.com/docs/DOC-922857

"Nominees are named and selected through a peer review process. (Note that current Oracle employees are not eligible.) If you know someone who is a candidate based on the guidelines above,
send us an email with the following information:

  1. Their name
  2. Their email address
  3. Their profile: Engineer/Architect, Author, Professor/Instructor, Consultant, Trainer, Other
  4. Name and email address of nominee's Java Champion sponsor
  5. Reasons for nomination.  Should include examples of work that reflect the profile of a Java Champion. Please include all relevant URLs.
The candidate's contributions to the Java community must be available to its members either online or in readily available print media. (Proprietary or government classified projects, while innovative, are not available to the general public.) Nomination MUST cite specific examples (URLs, book names, presentations, etc) of the candidate's direct contributions in order for them to be considered by the selection committee."

Question:
- Can a JUG Leader auto-submit his process to try to become a Java Champion?

Hi Cesar. Thanks for posting this to the group. A JUG leader still needs to be peer nominated to be considered for the Java Champion program.

Cheers
Vincent

Vincent Mayers
Senior Manager, Developer Community Programs
Oracle Corporation
(404) 483 0040 (mobile)

On Jun 26, 2017, at 12:05 PM, Cesar A. Nogueira <cesarnogueira1210@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Vincent,

thanks for helping this discussion going further.

As peer nomination you mean anyone else than the JUG Leader? This peer nomination can be done by any member?

On June 26, 2017 at 1:33:49 PM, Cesar A. Nogueira (cesarnogueira1210@...) wrote:

Hi Vincent,

thanks for helping this discussion going further.

As peer nomination you mean anyone else than the JUG Leader? This peer nomination can be done by any member? - Yes contact, any member

David Gomez Garcia

Hi Cesar,

there is also a good discussion recorded at JCrete last year in which the details of the program are explained.

The discussion was lead by Stephen Chin and many other Java Champions present in the room.

Hope it  helps to make things clearer.

David.

[...]

Linda van der Pal

It's advisable to find another java champion who knows you and can nominate you.

Best regards,
Linda

Op 26 jun. 2017 17:05 schreef "Cesar A. Nogueira" <cesarnogueira1210@...>:

[...]

JP Petines

You have to be nominated by a Java Champion.

JP

Sent from my mobile device.

thanks for helping this discussion going further.

As peer nomination you mean anyone else than the JUG Leader? This peer nomination can be done by any member?

Ben Evans

Hi,

It's definitely not required to have a Java certification - I don't have any Java (or any other computing) qualifications of any sort!

Thanks,

Ben

On 26 Jun 2017 16:01, "Cesar A. Nogueira" <cesarnogueira1210@...> wrote:
Hi,

recently I've gathered some questions regarding the process into becoming a Java Champion from a JUG Leadership:
  • Is required that the person holds a valid Java Certification Exam score?
  • How I can submit my application to become a Java Champion?
  • If I am a international recognized speaker, can I easily become a Java Champion?

Let's discuss about it!

Simon Maple <sjmaple@...>

Personally, I would prefer it if you didn't have one ;)

Thanks -- Simon