Topics

Java Advent 2020

olimpiu pop

Hello JUG leaders,

As some of you may know, for the last couple of years the Java Advent Calendar is providing a series of articles during the Advent period (first 24 days before Christmas). As this year was a challenge in itself we are falling behind with gathering the needed content. In order not to break this decade old tradition, already. Could you please help us? You can do that in the following ways:
  • Join the effort by picking a slot here
  • Push this email to your communities and to others that might be interested in contributing
  • Follow us on twitter and RT this tweet
  • Any idea you might have, we are looking forward to hear from you
Thank you for your time and help! Stay safe!

Regards,

Java Advent Team 馃巺馃巹

--
Olimpiu聽 Gh. Pop, MSc

Nacho Cougil

Hi Olimpiu,

Great innitiative, didn't knew about it! ;-) Related with the article, it has to be a brand new article or we can propose to share some content that we already have (for example something that we already published in our blog)

Best regards,

El jue., 19 nov. 2020 a las 2:10, olimpiu pop (<olimpiu.pop@...>) escribi贸:
[...]

Barcelona Java Users Group聽Founder

Join us on Slack

olimpiu pop

Hi Nacho,

Thank you for writing back and for the kind words. We are striving for new content that could further be reposted on personal blogs. In slower years, we had also reposts. But we are aiming for new content now.

We will very happy to have your contribution, please let me know if further information is required.

Regards,

Olimpiu

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 11:49 AM Nacho Cougil <nacho@...> wrote:
[...]

Mani Sarkar

Hi,

Looking forward to your contributions for 2020.

Thanks.

Regards,
Mani

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 09:58, olimpiu pop <olimpiu.pop@...> wrote:
[...]

@theNeomatrix369聽 | 聽Blogs聽 | 聽@adoptopenjdk @graalvm @truffleruby| 聽Github聽|聽 Slideshare聽|聽LinkedIn

Don't chase success, rather aim for "Excellence", and success will come chasing after you!

olimpiu pop

Hi Javin,

Welcome aboard. Yes, there are still聽spaces available.

Regards,聽

Olimpiu聽

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020, 14:15 Javin Paul <savingfunda@...> wrote:
I am also thinking to contribute this year, any space left?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 7:50 PM Mani Sarkar <sadhak001@...> wrote:
[...]

Antonio Goncalves

Hi all,

I've added my name to the list.... does it mean "my article is automatically accepted and I can start writing聽it" ;o)聽 ?聽 What is the workflow now ? Any review ? Any date to submit it?

Thanks
Antonio

Le聽jeu. 19 nov. 2020 脿聽14:36, olimpiu pop <olimpiu.pop@...> a 茅crit聽:
[...]

Antonio Goncalves聽
Contractor, Java Champion and Pluralsight author

Blog聽|聽Twitter聽|聽LinkedIn|聽Author|聽Pluralsight聽|聽Devoxx France聽|聽Voxxed Microservices

olimpiu pop

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your question and for contributing to Calendar. For now the process is still very "simple":

  • Yes, you can start writing. Nice to have you onboard :)
  • When should it be ready? A 2-3 days before the publishing date
  • Review: for now, one of us will proofread it
I will come over direct email with other necessary details.

Regards,

Olimpiu