Topics

Java User Groups Home Page

Martijn Verburg

Hi all,

Is https://community.oracle.com/community/groundbreakers/java/jug still our nominal homepage?

Cheers,
Martijn

Brant Boehmann

That site either needs to improve or we need something better. Does anyone know anything about the planned changes for the site? The need for update was discussed briefly at the JUG leaders summit at DevNexus in Atlanta back in February. Is Wincy Ip or any of the other Oracle JUG liaisons on this list and able to comment on any upcoming changes? I can't seem to even get my JUG listed on the current site.

Thanks
-Brant

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 6:08 AM Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Is https://community.oracle.com/community/groundbreakers/java/jug still our nominal homepage?

Cheers,
Martijn

Jonathan Vila

Brant good point........ as you mentioned , on DevNexus a group of JUG leaders created a Github repository to serve as the point of connection of all jugs, and easily modifiable by the community : https://github.com/wwjugs , twitter.com/WJugs

Then the virus came and the focus was lost.......

These were the initial ideas behind the repo :

WHY?
  • Enable active & up-to-date async communication channel
  • Exchange “best practices” & speakers information
  • Consolidated single source of truth
  • Provide one point of contact to know the different communication channels (tools).

WHAT?
(should be present)

  • General JUG’s Communication Channels
  • JUGS Map & Directory
    • Geolocation querying
    • Find JUGS
    • Space for each JUG ( definition, links, etc )
      • Name
      • Location
      • Website
      • Social media
      • Newsletter
      • Recurrent events
      • Q&A (redirect to the general Q&A section)
    • "Track" speakers
  • Newsletters?
  • Code of conduct
  • Q&A?
    • How to start a JUG?
    • How to contact a  specific JUG (redirection to “JUGS Map & Directory”)
    • How to use communication channels?
      • Brief description of What is and how to use a mailing list, slack, etc.
    • How to communicate with all the JUG’s at once (redirect to “General JUG’s Communication Channels”)
      • Specific topics discussions?
    • How can I contribute to this website?
    • Simple steps that one could perform to open an issue, improve or create new content, etc.

Probably it's a good moment to continue the initiatives @César Hernández Mendoza @ixchelruiz@... @slintz@...

Jonathan Vila
--
Barcelona Java Users Group Leader

El mié., 9 sept. 2020 a las 13:19, Brant Boehmann (<brant.boehmann@...>) escribió:
That site either needs to improve or we need something better. Does anyone know anything about the planned changes for the site? The need for update was discussed briefly at the JUG leaders summit at DevNexus in Atlanta back in February. Is Wincy Ip or any of the other Oracle JUG liaisons on this list and able to comment on any upcoming changes? I can't seem to even get my JUG listed on the current site.

Thanks
-Brant

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 6:08 AM Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Is https://community.oracle.com/community/groundbreakers/java/jug still our nominal homepage?

Cheers,
Martijn

Martijn Verburg

Yes, as a minimum it needs to steer fold to this list.  I’ll see if I have edit powers

On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 at 12:19, Brant Boehmann <brant.boehmann@...> wrote:
That site either needs to improve or we need something better. Does anyone know anything about the planned changes for the site? The need for update was discussed briefly at the JUG leaders summit at DevNexus in Atlanta back in February. Is Wincy Ip or any of the other Oracle JUG liaisons on this list and able to comment on any upcoming changes? I can't seem to even get my JUG listed on the current site.

Thanks
-Brant

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 6:08 AM Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Is https://community.oracle.com/community/groundbreakers/java/jug still our nominal homepage?

Cheers,
Martijn

--
Cheers, Martijn (Sent from Gmail Mobile)

Welly Tambunan

Thanks

Appreciated

--

Cheers,
Welly Tambunan

signature_1358969964

SciFin Technologies

South Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia
mobile   : +62-087-7727-29389

email     : welly@scifin.co
website: https://scifin.tech/

From: <jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io> on behalf of Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...>
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 3:05 PM
To: <jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [jugs] Java User Groups Home Page

[...]

Hi Martijn,

Nice to see You here.

Cheers,
Hendi Santika

Jonathan Vila

Hi

Yes the twitter account was wrong , the right one is : @wwjugs

I already invited you to the slack channel.

Best regards

Jonathan Vila
--
Barcelona Java Users Group Leader

El lun., 14 sept. 2020 a las 8:58, Jonatán Ivanov (<jonatan.ivanov@...>) escribió:
Hi,

I'm Joni from SeaJUG, could you please invite me to the jugleaders.slack.com workspace? :)
Also, it seems the WJugs twitter account is suspended.

Thanks,
Joni

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 5:48 AM Jonathan Vila <jonathan@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please invite me to slack channel jugleaders.slack.com

Thanks and Regards,
Nishant Raut
https://twitter.com/rautnishant

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 6:18 PM Jonathan Vila <jonathan@...> wrote:
[...]

Same here. Can you please invite me to slack channel?

--

Cheers,
Welly Tambunan

signature_475714207

From: <jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io> on behalf of Nishant Raut <nishant30197@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 8:56 PM
To: <jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io>, Jonathan Vila <jonathan@...>

[...]

    • Link and instructions on how to subscribe to:
[...]

So I don't have edit powers for that space (https://community.oracle.com/community/groundbreakers/java/jug/).

Is there an Oracle representative on this list that can help?

Cheers,
Martijn

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 09:05, Martijn Verburg via groups.io <martijnverburg=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Nick Ebbitt

Hi Jonathan,

I think this is a great idea and something we should look to reignite.

In terms of exactly how, I'm unsure, but I thought maybe I could set up a Zoom call and those who are interested can join so we can discuss what's required to create an open and community driven hub for the world-wide JUG community.

What do you think?

Nick

On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 at 13:48, Jonathan Vila <jonathan@...> wrote:
[...]

Aaron Hxoux

We used to have something like this on java.net but it required long term commitment... which is not in fashion these days...

best to let the community drive such an effort... and fund it... maybe through something like Patreon... where channel followers actual sponsor the content through direct donations....works quite effectively for YouTubers...

Best!

Aaron Houston

On Oct 2, 2020, at 7:14 AM, Nick Ebbitt <nickebbitt@...> wrote:

[...]

Heather VanCura

Hi all,

I do know that the community.oracle.com spaces are being migrated to a new platform. I have a community space there for JCP related initiatives. I plan to continue to use that space once it is migrated - I believe it will be ready soon and it  could then be edited and add additional users.

Heather