[jc] [NOTES] JavaOne Update Call #3 | Sept 6 @ 6:00am PT

Sharat Chander

Hi Viktor.

The intent is to publish such details this week.

Best,
-Sharat

On 9/19/22 9:53 AM, Viktor Gamov wrote:

Hey Sharat

Thank you for this email.

Any ETA when full agenda will be published with times and where talks will take place?

Thank you

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 09:52 Sharat Chander <sharat.chander@...> wrote:
JCs and JUG organizers,

Apologies for the delay w/these notes.

JavaOne Conference Dates
  • October 17-20, 2022
    • October 17 (Java Leaders Summit  - Date to be confirmed)
    • October 18-20 (execution of main conference content)
    • October 19 (Java Leaders + Speakers Reception - Date to be confirmed)

JavaOne Event Web Site

Attendee Registration
  • https://www.oracle.com/cloudworld/register/
    • $1899.00 (US) - Available August 15 - October 2, 2022
    • $1999.00 (US) - Available October 3 - 20, 2022
  • Note that there is a $400 discount code now available. Please use "INSIDEJAVA"
  • We are also initiating a Buy One Get One (BOGO) free program for Java User Groups. Details to be shared soon (hopefully this week).

Hotel Options/Rates

Travel Visa

  • Oracle is unable to offer letters for obtaining travel visas

JavaOne Content Catalog (new content will be included as material is finalized)

Attendance Justification (to share w/your decision makers to help with participation approvals)

General FAQ

Conference Experiences (Confirmed)
  • Exhibition Hall (Oct 18-19)
  • Genius Bar (Oct 18-19)
  • Hackergarten (Oct 18-19)
  • Developer Lounge (Oct 18-19)
  • Java Unconference (Oct 19)
  • JEP’rdy Game Show (Oct 19)
  • Opening Reception in the Caesar’s Forum for JavaOne & MySQL Summit Attendees (Oct 18)
  • Community Keynote (Oct 20)
  • Commmunity Wall (Oct 18-20)
  • Java Geek Run (Oct 19) - Time & Location details will be shared soon
  • Java Leaders Summit (Oct 17) - Time & Location details will be shared soon
  • Combined Java Leaders Summit & Speaker Reception (Oct 19) - Time & Location details will be shared soon

Conference Experiences (Still under investigation or scheduling confirmation)
  • Duke's Choice Award: It does not look like we'll have time to finalize the entirety of this program by JavaOne but look to have it launch shortly after the conference. We're investigating how we can announcing this during the conference. Details pending.

Content
(Note that there has been a slight reduction due to some speakers being unable to attend)
  • Confirmed Learning Sessions: 107 88
  • Confirmed Panel Sessions: 2
  • Confirmed HOLs: 13
  • Confirmed Tutorials: 6 5