List of JUG leaders?

Frank Greco

Anyone recall where there is a reliable, up-to-date list of Java user group leaders?  I'm trying to help some future speakers for the NYJavaSIG who are potentially traveling to NY to connect with groups in the northeast (US/Canada) to maximize their trips.

Thanks,
Frank G
  JSR381 VisRec - Java-friendly ML

Brian Vermeer

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

It most definitely not complete, but it is a starting point.

— Brian
NLJUG

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 at 20:53, Frank Greco <fgreco@...> wrote:
Anyone recall where there is a reliable, up-to-date list of Java user group leaders?  I'm trying to help some future speakers for the NYJavaSIG who are potentially traveling to NY to connect with groups in the northeast (US/Canada) to maximize their trips.

Thanks,
Frank G

muktesh mishra

I believe this is not up to date. 

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

From: jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io <jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vermeer <brian@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2022 11:57 AM
To: jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io <jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [jugs] List of JUG leaders?

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

Brian Vermeer

I am sure the maintainers accept pull requests.

—Brian

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 at 21:00, muktesh mishra <mukteshkrmishra@...> wrote:

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

From: jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io <jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vermeer <brian@...>

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

Sharat Chander

Frank (et al):

We try to keep JUG information as up-to-date as possible at https://dev.java/community/jugs/

If you have updates you'd like applied please send an e-mail to java_devrel_grp@... (cc'd).

Best
-Sharat

On 7/14/22 12:00 PM, muktesh mishra wrote:

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

Scott Kramer

I know that Illinois Java User Group is not on the list and I dont see how to add.

-S

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 2:02 PM Brian Vermeer <brian@...> wrote:

—Brian

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

--
This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer.  Each SPAM email after OPT-OUT is considered by statute a violation of the CAN-SPAM ACT with penalties up to $ 43,792 (see www.ftc.gov compliance guide).   This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties, violation of which may constitute a Felony under United States "Federal CAN-SPAM ACT" Statutes.

Sharat Chander

Fixing cc wrt Java DevRel Grp mail list.

My apologies.

-Sharat

On 7/14/22 12:03 PM, Sharat Chander wrote:

Frank (et al):

We try to keep JUG information as up-to-date as possible at https://dev.java/community/jugs/

If you have updates you'd like applied please send an e-mail to java_devrel_grp@... (cc'd).

Best
-Sharat

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

Barry Alistair

I know we don’t exactly have the best weather here, but it’s really not that cold that we have the Iceland Java User Group here Sharat 😂

On Thu 14 Jul 2022 at 20:05, Sharat Chander <sharat.chander@...> wrote:
Fixing cc wrt Java DevRel Grp mail list.

My apologies.

-Sharat

On 7/14/22 12:03 PM, Sharat Chander wrote:
Frank (et al):

Best
-Sharat

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

--
Best Regards

BArry Alistair.
barry@... / Linkedin
News / Events / Jobs for Irish Software Community

Nacho Cougil

Hi Scott,

Yes, of course as Brian, commented, any contribution is really appreciated ;-) 

If you would like to contribute/add any new feature (including any new JUG), you only need to raise a pull request to this repository:

The README already contains a simple section on how to add a new JUG ;-) 

Best,

El jue, 14 jul 2022 a las 21:04, Scott Kramer (<skramer@...>) escribió:
I know that Illinois Java User Group is not on the list and I dont see how to add.

-S

—Brian

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

--
This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer.  Each SPAM email after OPT-OUT is considered by statute a violation of the CAN-SPAM ACT with penalties up to $ 43,792 (see www.ftc.gov compliance guide).   This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties, violation of which may constitute a Felony under United States "Federal CAN-SPAM ACT" Statutes.

--
Barcelona Java Users Group Founder

Join us on Slack

Cesar Hernandez

@Frank, I recall Bruno Borges created a twitter list while ago: https://twitter.com/i/lists/98543525/members

As @Nacho pointed out, based on Pull Request, the following list and map were created as a follow up from the Java community gathering at Devnexus 2020. 

@Sharat
Thank you for pointing at https://dev.java/community/jugs/, I just notice Guatemala Java user Group information is missing, thank you in advance for the update :)
Jug Name: GuateJUG
Date founded: 2011-02-01
Twitter: https://twitter.com/guatejug

El jue, 14 jul 2022 a las 14:29, Nacho Cougil (<nacho@...>) escribió:
Hi Scott,

If you would like to contribute/add any new feature (including any new JUG), you only need to raise a pull request to this repository:

Best,

-S

—Brian

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

--

--

Join us on Slack

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Sharat Chander

JUG Leaders:

The official Java Twitter account keeps a list of active JUGs as best we can: https://twitter.com/i/lists/221697230/members

If your JUG is missing and you want it included please send an e-mail w/your request to java_devrel_grp@... and we'll address.

Please use the subject line: @Java JUG Twitter List Inclusion

And in your message include your JUG's Twitter handle.

Best,
-Sharat

On 7/14/22 3:35 PM, Cesar Hernandez wrote:

@Frank, I recall Bruno Borges created a twitter list while ago: https://twitter.com/i/lists/98543525/members

As @Nacho pointed out, based on Pull Request, the following list and map were created as a follow up from the Java community gathering at Devnexus 2020. 

@Sharat
Thank you for pointing at https://dev.java/community/jugs/, I just notice Guatemala Java user Group information is missing, thank you in advance for the update :)

Hi Scott,

Best,

-S

—Brian

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

--

--

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Cesar A. Nogueira

Just request @soujavacampinas to be listed on  https://dev.java/community/jugs/

Best regards,
Cesar

Em qui., 14 de jul. de 2022 às 22:39, Sharat Chander <sharat.chander@...> escreveu:

JUG Leaders:

The official Java Twitter account keeps a list of active JUGs as best we can: https://twitter.com/i/lists/221697230/members

If your JUG is missing and you want it included please send an e-mail w/your request to java_devrel_grp@... and we'll address.

Best,
-Sharat

@Sharat

Hi Scott,

Best,

-S

—Brian

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

--

--

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Christian sanchez clojug

please add : https://twitter.com/CLOJUG - CALI COLOMBIA

El vie, 15 jul 2022 a la(s) 07:44, Cesar A. Nogueira (cesarnogueira1210@...) escribió:
Just request @soujavacampinas to be listed on  https://dev.java/community/jugs/

Best regards,
Cesar

Em qui., 14 de jul. de 2022 às 22:39, Sharat Chander <sharat.chander@...> escreveu:
JUG Leaders:

Best,
-Sharat

@Sharat

Hi Scott,

Best,

-S

—Brian

Best Regards,
Muktesh
SJUG

Hey Frank,

Maybe this helps

— Brian
NLJUG

Thanks,
Frank G

--

--

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.