RIP Frans Thamura

Thomas Wiradikusuma

Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Vladimir Dejanovic

Very sad news

 R.I.P. Frans

On 22 Jun 2017 9:59 p.m., "Thomas Wiradikusuma" <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Bruno Souza

Oh No...

Frans was a GREAT friend! Very controversial for sure, but amazingly helpful, very focused on helping developers!

He will be missed...

Frans was the Java in Java about Java on Java guy!
A Java developer, living in the Java island, discussing the Java (computer) language on the Java (real) language!

Very sad day...

Rest in peace, my friend...

Bruno.

Bruno.
Bruno Peres Ferreira de Souza                         Brazil's JavaMan
http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
     if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Michael Hüttermann

:-(

http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
     if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Altuğ B. Altıntaş

:(

So sad.

:-(

http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
     if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Markus Eisele

Thomas,

Is there a chance to connect to his family and help in any way?

:-(

http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
     if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Paris Apostolopoulos

I met Frans back in 2007. RIP Frans! :( .

Sent from my iPhone

:-(

http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
[...]

Omg. That's so sad.
I'm sorry.

On Thu 22. Jun 2017 at 22:04, Vladimir Dejanovic <ed.wong.iv@...> wrote:
Very sad news

 R.I.P. Frans

On 22 Jun 2017 9:59 p.m., "Thomas Wiradikusuma" <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

yosi.pramajaya@...

I knew him although not that well. He helped me a lot when I started learn Java and also when I rebuild JUG Joglosemar (for Jogja and Mid Java).

This is very sad news.

Thanks for letting us know, Thomas. May he rest in peace.

On 23 Jun 2017 3:04 am, "Vladimir Dejanovic" <ed.wong.iv@...> wrote:
Very sad news

 R.I.P. Frans

On 22 Jun 2017 9:59 p.m., "Thomas Wiradikusuma" <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Arun Gupta

Oh dang, this is really sad news indeed!

I would occasionally get his emails about something related to technology. Then we'll exchange a few emails on the topic and then he'll disappear again. I'll truly miss those sporadic and deep conversations.

He was a very good hearted soul helping underprivileged kids in Indonesia. The world needed more people like him, not less.

RIP Frans!

Arun

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Marcos Eliziario

Sad news! I had a lot of chats with Frans some 6 or 8 years ago, but life ended up getting in the way and we've gradually lost contact. But he impressed me as good guy all around, with lots of dreams and energy.
My condolences for the family.

Marcos Eliziario

--
Marcos Eliziário Santos
mobile: +55(21) 8086-7652

Aaron Hxoux

I remember Frans very well... He once came out to California for a JavaOne; and he wanted to see where all the big tech companies were in Silicon Valley... I remember giving him a ride down highway 101... showing him the campus of Google, Yahoo, Sun, Cisco.... it was a dream of his to work for one of these companies...

Yes, Frans was a bit controversial... but in a healthy and diverse community, one shouldn't pick and choose who gets to be a part of it... Java is for everyone...

Best!

Aaron Houston
San Jose, CA

On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Very sad news. :(

-- Daniel Wildt
+55 51 9 99989030 danielwildt.com | youtube.com/danielwildt

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Aaron Hxoux <dca_33@...> wrote:
I remember Frans very well... He once came out to California for a JavaOne; and he wanted to see where all the big tech companies were in Silicon Valley... I remember giving him a ride down highway 101... showing him the campus of Google, Yahoo, Sun, Cisco.... it was a dream of his to work for one of these companies...

Yes, Frans was a bit controversial... but in a healthy and diverse community, one shouldn't pick and choose who gets to be a part of it... Java is for everyone...

Best!

Aaron Houston
San Jose, CA

> On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
> JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
> been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.
>
> For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
> Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
> Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
> controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
> missed by many.
>
> Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
> deliver anything in person to his family.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Wiradikusuma

aristides villarreal

Rest in peace

El jue., 22 de jun. de 2017 a la(s) 20:11, Daniel Wildt <dwildt@...> escribió:
Very sad news. :(

-- Daniel Wildt
+55 51 9 99989030 danielwildt.com | youtube.com/danielwildt

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Aaron Hxoux <dca_33@...> wrote:
I remember Frans very well... He once came out to California for a JavaOne; and he wanted to see where all the big tech companies were in Silicon Valley... I remember giving him a ride down highway 101... showing him the campus of Google, Yahoo, Sun, Cisco.... it was a dream of his to work for one of these companies...

Yes, Frans was a bit controversial... but in a healthy and diverse community, one shouldn't pick and choose who gets to be a part of it... Java is for everyone...

Best!

Aaron Houston
San Jose, CA

> On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
> JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
> been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.
>
> For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
> Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
> Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
> controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
> missed by many.
>
> Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
> deliver anything in person to his family.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Wiradikusuma

Joe Sam Shirah

So sorry to hear about Frans.  He was outspoken, and whether one agreed with him or not, his posts often made one consider things.

As Bruno said, "Frans was the Java in Java about Java on Java guy!"

Frans will be missed.  Condolences and sympathy for the family and friends from JAXJug...

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Simon Maple <sjmaple@...>

Another very sad day for the Java Community :(

R.I.P Frans.

Thanks -- Simon

On 20 June 2017 at 06:12, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Very sad news. Deep condolences.

~ Tushar

허광남

For reminding Frans,
I searched him and found his great footprints.

R.I.P. Great Buddy.

Kenu
https://okky.kr

On 23 Jun 2017, 11:14 PM +0900, Tushar Joshi <tusharvjoshi@...>, wrote:
Very sad news. Deep condolences.

~ Tushar

John Yeary

Wow that is shocking. He was young too. It reminds us of how fragile life can be. Frans was a good man, and he will be sorely missed by the Java community. Does anyone have any details on funeral arrangements, or wishes for the family?

Sincerely,

____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________
NetBeans Dream Team
Founder Greenville Java Users Group
____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Thomas Wiradikusuma <wiradikusuma@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

It saddens me to announce that Frans Thamura, a friend and Leader of
JUG Indonesia, has passed away today. Details are scarce, but he had
been hospitalized due to stroke since early of June 2017.

For those who don't know him, Frans Thamura is the pioneer of JUG in
Indonesia. He also had been helping underprilidged students to learn
Java and lift their standards of living. He's outspoken, a bit
controversial, but idealistic with his dreams. He will certainly be
missed by many.

Note: I'm no longer in Indonesia, so I'm not the best person to help
deliver anything in person to his family.

Regards,
Thomas Wiradikusuma

Frank Greco

This is very sad news.

Frans was certainly a bit controversial and at times a bit quirky, but in a lovable way.   I exchanged many emails and messages with him over the years.
He was such a super nice, truly friendly guy.  He certainly was a huge advocate of Java (in Java) and of computer science education in his home country.

Rest in Peace my friend,

Frank