Starting a new JUG (in Africa)

Bruno Bossola

Hi all,

A young lady developer I met during a mentorship program I participate, would like to start a new Java User Group, in Accra (Ghana), and she asked me how to proceed with that. Now, unfortunately, in the last couple of years, I've been busy running my startup and I did not keep up to date about what happened in regards to this.

I am aware that there's a Twitter account and a related list of JUGs on Twitter as well, but I was wondering how things evolved? Is there a specific procedure to follow? Is oracle involved and, if so, how? What kind of support we could give?

Please forgive my ignorance, I believe however this would be an extraordinary opportunity for the community, defintely something to pursue and support.

A warm "hi!" to all my (old) friends here :)
Cheers,

   Bruno

Vincent Mayers

Hey Bruno. Please connect me with him. I’d be happy to share some thoughts on this.

Cheers
Vincent

@vincentmayers

On May 22, 2021, at 6:27 AM, Bruno Bossola <bbossola@...> wrote:

[...]

Ben Evans

Hey Vincent,

I know a pretty cool software agency based in Accra that could well be
interested as well - they do a lot of Java work, and I've taught and
mentored some of their devs - https://twitter.com/turntablio

Let me know if you'd like an introduction to their Founder.

Cheers,

Ben

--
Bruno Bossola
CTO - meterian.io

Vincent Mayers

sure, thanks Ben

Cheers
Vincent

@vincentmayers

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 9:57 AM Ben Evans <benjamin.john.evans@...> wrote:
Hey Vincent,

I know a pretty cool software agency based in Accra that could well be
interested as well - they do a lot of Java work, and I've taught and
mentored some of their devs - https://twitter.com/turntablio

Let me know if you'd like an introduction to their Founder.

Cheers,

Ben

On Sat, 22 May 2021 at 17:05, Vincent Mayers <vince.mayers@...> wrote:

> Hey Bruno. Please connect me with him. I’d be happy to share some thoughts on this.
>

> Cheers
> Vincent
>
> @vincentmayers
>
> On May 22, 2021, at 6:27 AM, Bruno Bossola <bbossola@...> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> A young lady developer I met during a mentorship program I participate, would like to start a new Java User Group, in Accra (Ghana), and she asked me how to proceed with that. Now, unfortunately, in the last couple of years, I've been busy running my startup and I did not keep up to date about what happened in regards to this.
>
> I am aware that there's a Twitter account and a related list of JUGs on Twitter as well, but I was wondering how things evolved? Is there a specific procedure to follow? Is oracle involved and, if so, how? What kind of support we could give?
>
> Please forgive my ignorance, I believe however this would be an extraordinary opportunity for the community, defintely something to pursue and support.
>
> A warm "hi!" to all my (old) friends here :)
> Cheers,
>
>    Bruno
>
> --
> Bruno Bossola
> CTO - meterian.io
> Scan your website now!
> Scan your project now!

Bruno Bossola

Thanks to all for the support. I will put you in touch!
Cheers,