Topics

Update On User Group Team Support

Tom Scheirsen

Hello JUG Leaders,

I am excited to share a few updates on the user group team and invite you to meet our team at Oracle OpenWorld and #CodeOne this year.  The Java User Groups are an instrumental part of Oracle’s community ecosystem and we see an opportunity to work closer with you to engage at local levels and promote your groups:

1)      Local Engagement:  We’d like to complement the strength of the global Java community with local community managers that can engage your JUGs in each region. This increases flexibility in supporting specific JUG needs and aligning local Oracle resources.  Moving forward our community managers are here to support you:

·       Asia Pacific (APAC): Tony Chen, weihong.chen@... (based in Beijing)

·       Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA): Bianca Grecu, bianca.grecu@... (based in Bucharest)

·       Latin America (LAD): Tatiana Pellon, tatiana.pellon@... (based in Sao Paulo)

·       North America (NA): Wincy Ip, wincy.ip@... (based in San Jose)

1)      Corporate Promotion:  We’d also like to increase the promotion of your groups, meetups, events and expertise across Oracle’s community and social channels.  Leigh Burke manages our communications program and can coordinate promotion across Oracle’s channels.

Throughout these efforts our team will continue to collaborate closely with the Oracle Developer Community, Java Community Process team, Development Teams, and local resources.

Join Us and Meet the Team!

We’d like to invite you to join us at the User Group Leader Luncheon at Oracle OpenWorld and #CodeOne on Monday, October 22, 2018 at 12:00 pm.  Formal invitation to come shortly.  Stephen Chin will be presenting on a new initiative being rolled out at #CodeOne which you won’t want to miss!

Thanks again for your leadership in the Java community.

Best regards,

Tom

Tom Scheirsen

Director, Community Experience & Global Initiatives

Oracle Corporation

Tom.scheirsen@...

Hello Leaders,

I managed the events and management of JUG Nagpur since 2008.  Currently I have been diagnosed with FNHL, a type of blood cancer and hence will need a long treatment which makes me unavailable for public appearances for almost next 12 months.  To keep the JUG running smoothly I am passing the responsibility of the JUG leader to one of our active members of JUG Nagpur - Atul Palandurkar.

He will be applying for membership of this mailing list and will need your help to get started and keep the JUG Nagpur running here onward.
Thanks for all your support all these years and all the best for Atul to take the charge over.

with regards
    Tushar

Tushar Joshi, Nagpur: http://www.tusharjoshi.com

* MCSD_NET C#, SCJP, RHCE, ZCE, PMP, CSM, SAFe, PRINCE2

* Senior Architect @ Persistent Systems http://www.persistent.com
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tusharvjoshi

Markus Eisele

All the best for you and your family, Tushar!

Happy to help as much I can!

Cheers,
Markus

On Mon 12. Nov 2018 at 06:11, Tushar Joshi <tusharvjoshi@...> wrote:
[...]

Simran

Hi Tushar,

Sorry to hear that. You will be part of our prayers. Wish you all the best for your treatment.

Best,
Simran

--
GIDSlogoimg Simran Kundra
Senior Manager - Sales

fbimg twitterimg linkedinimg flikrimg youtubeimg
Saltmarch Media (India) Pvt. Ltd.
2A&B, Raintree Hall, Rhenius Street,
Richmond Town, Bangalore - 560 025
Karnataka, India

Linda van der Pal

How awful, Tushar! I hope you will make a swift recovery! And of course we'll help Atul!

Regards,
Linda

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Simran <simran@...> wrote:

[...]

Follow Duchess on social media

Barry Alistair

Sending you Irish blessings Tushar. The road maybe long, the journey weary, but the fire is waiting in the hearth.
Best
Barry

On Mon 12 Nov 2018 at 07:22, Linda van der Pal <lvdpal@...> wrote:
[...]

BArry Alistair.
+353 (0)1 675 9777
+353 (0)87 819 0249
Web: IrishDev.com
News / Events / Jobs for Irish Software Community
Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter

Partnering with TCube - a Social Enterprise
Dublin's Independent Co-Working / Desk Space / Meetup Hub for Tech Start-ups

Please take care and I am happy to help however I can. Just reach out.

[...]

Altuğ B. Altıntaş

All the best for you, Please take care happy Tushar!

12 Kas 2018 Pzt, saat 16:33 tarihinde reza_rahman <reza_rahman@...> şunu yazdı:
[...]

SDJUG Yahoo

Hi Tushar,
Good luck with your treatment!

Regards,
Paul

Thank you for supporting the San Diego Java User's Group!

Paul Webber
President, SDJUG
Java Champion
sdjugpres@...
www.sdjug.org
http://www.twitter.com/sdjug

On Sunday, November 11, 2018, 9:11:41 PM PST, Tushar Joshi <tusharvjoshi@...> wrote:

[...]

Ceyhun Ertürk

Hi Tushar,

Please get well soon. We will be waiting for you. Take care of yourself.

Gönderildi: 12 Kasım 2018 Pazartesi 16:33:21
Kime: jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io
Bilgi: Atul Palandurkar
Konu: Re: [jugs] Update On User Group Team Support

[...]

ehsavoie

Take care Tushar, hope you'll recover well from it.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 12:14 AM Ceyhun Ertürk <ceyhun.erturk@...> wrote:

Hi Tushar,

Please get well soon. We will be waiting for you. Take care of yourself.

Gönderildi: 12 Kasım 2018 Pazartesi 16:33:21
Kime: jug-leaders@jugs.groups.io
Bilgi: Atul Palandurkar