Worldwide list of Java User Groups (JUGs)

Nacho Cougil

Hello, fellow JUG leaders!

As many of you will remember from the last JUG Leaders Summit, we presented the initiative to create the Worldwide list of Java User Groups.

Although there are still many things to do, the site is working, you can check it online: https://world-wide-jugs.github.io/GlobalWWJugs/

Therefore, we invite you all to have a look at the repository to fork it and send your PR to include your JUG in the website and see how looks the number of JUGs around the world in a beautiful map 😉 (for those that are global, virtual, it will be necessary to see where they can be placed 🤔)

We have a lot of ideas to add there which could include: describing what is a JUG, how to start one, which resources we can find and where, etc. If you would like to discuss all the alternatives and ideas, we invite you all to join the #infra channel in the JUGleaders Slack.
(here you have an invitation to join in case you are not there)

Stay safe and have a great week!
--
Barcelona Java Users Group Founder

Join us on Slackimage.gif

Mihail Stoynov, jug.bg

Hey,
Awesome initiative. Sent a PR for the Bulgarian JUG. Hopefully the markdown is enough

Mihail,
jug.bg

On May 31 2021, at 12:33 am, Nacho Cougil <nacho@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes Mihail!

The PR with the .MD it is enough 👍

Best,

El jue, 10 jun 2021 a las 12:22, Mihail Stoynov, jug.bg (<mihail@...>) escribió:
[...]

Huseyin Akdogan

Hi Nacho,

Thanks for this worthwhile effort.

I sent a PR for the JUG Istanbul.

Best

Nacho Cougil <nacho@...>, 31 May 2021 Pzt, 00:34 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

[...]

Hüseyin Akdoğan
Expert Software Consultant
JCP Process Manager of JUG Istanbul
Technical Committee Member of Java Day İstanbul
Author of the Elasticsearch Indexing book

Nacho Cougil

Hi Hüseyin,

Thank you very much for your PR! It is already merged and you can see your JUG on the website 😉

Best!

El sáb, 12 jun 2021 a las 17:20, Huseyin Akdogan (<hakdogan75@...>) escribió:
[...]

Barry Evans

Hi Nacho,

Thank you so much for this initiative, It is always great to get a bit more practice at contributing to OSS projects outside of work.

I have added a md file for the DubJUG, but when I build locally in IDEA Ultimate Edition, and run the app in a Docker container I am not seeing the DubJUG details in any of the pages.

I tried to delete the _site folder folder in IDEA in order to force rebuilding the .html pages again.

Can you please take a look at the diff on my branch before I open a PR? Perhaps you can spot something wrong in my code.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 09:40, Nacho Cougil <nacho@...> wrote:
[...]

Nick Ebbitt

Hi Barry,

If using Docker, make sure you are running it with the volume mount into the container - if you use `docker-compose up` this takes care of that for you via https://github.com/World-Wide-JUGs/GlobalWWJugs/blob/master/docker-compose.yml#L10

If that doesn't work then give me a shout and I'd be happy to help more.

Nick

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 15:48, Barry Evans <barryevans80@...> wrote:
[...]

Thank you 👍

Nacho Cougil <nacho@...>, 14 Haz 2021 Pzt, 11:40 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
[...]

Hi Nick,

Yes I am using docker-compose, and running it inside IDEA.

I am using a 2011 MacBook Air (My new 13" M1 MBP is in transit from Apple... Cannot wait to get it!!!), so I might not have configured docker correctly, or I am facing some similar problem.

I will double check what docker command IDEA is running in the background, and ensure the volume is being attached at startup, and try again.

Regards,

Barry

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 16:52, Nick Ebbitt <nickebbitt@...> wrote:
[...]

Nick,

I did the old trick of turning it off and on again, and it seems to be working fine now.
  1. Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 10.54.14.png
  2. Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 10.54.26.png

I opened a PR for adding the DubJUG details @

[...]

William Antônio Siqueira

Hello,

Just added JUG Vale